I am often asked about what internet sites I use in my development or research. The following are some of my personal favorites that I use.
- Google – Chances are you will find what you need if you know how to ask.
Sites that I use often
- CodeProject – I hang out here, write articles and answer questions sometimes.
- jQuery – Always something interesting to learn or just a handy reference.
- jQuery UI – Another great reference to keep on hand.
- Stack Overflow – Chances are your question has already been asked/answered before.
- jsFiddle – An awesome scratch pad to test new ideas or help answer questions.
- Bootstrap – Easy front end framework that speeds up development time.
- 960.gs – Where did the 960 grid system pattern come from?
- Unsemantic – Fan of the pre-cursor so definitely like the upgrade.
- Icons8 – Create resources for getting icons to use in your app development.
- Cocoa Controls – Ok the name pretty much explains, cocoa pods and their info.
- Sound Bible – Great resource for getting free sound clips.
Commonly used Tools
For those that ask which tools I am commonly using. While definitely not complete this is what is almost always running on my computer.
- Xcode – The development tool for iOS
- Eclipse – I use this for all of my Java development.
- Diagram Drawing – Great web based Diagram drawing tool.
- Go2Convert – Free image conversion web site.
- Online Java IDE – Found this while looking for a way to test some java code via browser.
- Vapor Web Framework – If you have read any of my posts of recent you will notice this.
- iOS Fonts – Great site to show you how a font looks in iOS.
- UI Color – Convert HEX & RGB – A great site used to convert HEX & RGB colors to UIColor
Learning Tools and Resources
- Udemy – Another great site with classes that you can purchase at very reasonable prices
- Lets Build that App – There is a lot to learn here. I own several of these courses as awesome reference material.
- Kilo Loco – Fun guy to listen to with a lighter side on learning. Check out his YouTube page here.
Other Random Stuff
- HTML 5 Experiments – Demos some HTML5 ideas.
- Sprite Creation – If you work with Sprites you’ll want this.
- Fiverr – Great resource for getting things like graphics development done at affordable rate.
There is some other stuff out there that I like but for now all of that should work as a place to get you started. I am sure that as time goes by I will probably update this with stuff that I have forgotten.
If you have something that you want to recommend then contact me. I am always on the hunt for tools that make my work/life easier.