I am often asked about what internet sites I use in my development or research. The following are some of my personal favorites that I use.
- Google – Chances are you will find what you need if you know how to ask.
- Sarcasm (LMGTFY) – Know someone who just refuses to “Google” on their own?
Sites that I use often
- CodeProject – I hang out here, write articles and answer questions sometimes.
- jQuery – Always something interesting to learn or just a handy reference.
- jQuery UI – Another great reference to keep on hand.
- Stack Overflow – Chances are your question has already been asked/answered before.
- jsFiddle – An awesome scratch pad to test new ideas or help answer questions.
- Bootstrap – Easy front end framework that speeds up development time.
- 960.gs – Where did the 960 grid system pattern come from?
- Unsemantic – Fan of the pre-cursor so definitely like the upgrade.
- Icons8 – Create resources for getting icons to use in your app development.
- Cocoa Controls – Ok the name pretty much explains, cocoa pods and their info.
- Sound Bible – Great resource for getting free sound clips.
Commonly used Tools
For those that ask which tools I am commonly using. While definitely not complete this is what is almost always running on my computer.
- Xcode – The development tool for iOS
- Eclipse – I use this for all of my Java development.
- Sublime – Text editor, was turned on to this for RoR and I find myself using it more.
- Diagram Drawing – Great web based Diagram drawing tool.
- Go2Convert – Free image conversion web site.
- Online Java IDE – Found this while looking for a way to test some java code via browser.
- IBM Sandbox – Allows you run swift via the browser in a playground like environment.
- Run Swift in Browser – Found this while looking for a way to run swift code in browser.
- Vapor Web Framework – If you have read any of my posts of recent you will notice this.
Other Random Stuff
- HTML 5 Experiments – Demos some HTML5 ideas.
- Sprite Creation – If you work with Sprites you’ll want this.
- Fiverr – Great resource for getting things done at affordable rate.
- iOS Fonts – Great site to show you how a font looks in iOS.
- iOS-Blog – Great site with tutorials (check out their resources page)
- Udemy – Another great site with classes that you can purchase at very reasonable prices
There is some other stuff out there that I like but for now all of that should work as a place to get you started. I am sure that as time goes by I will probably update this with stuff that I have forgotten.
If you have something that you want to recommend then contact me. I am always on the hunt for tools that make my work/life easier.